Thursday, January 20, 2011

Resto

NYC being so famous for its food stops I was pretty excited to try out some of the restaurants on my last trip there. As it happens, I return happier for being in the Bay Area. It might just have been one off bad experiences, but hey, if it makes me happier where I am, I don't want to see that side :)

So Resto. Seeing how the reviews were raving about it, and how busy it tends to be, for the first time, I'd actually made a reservation about a week in advance! They had a fixed Sunday Supper for the day we visited - and I was pretty excited to try it. But when we end up at the place that didn't seem the case - it was just order from the menu (could we have ended up at the wrong location? they did have two..). The "Dutch Baby" looked like a nice start. When it was served to us though it wasn't impressive. More like a pancake than a souffle like it was supposed to be. Didn't taste too bad though. And then the rest was regular - very unremarkable.

Another thing I noticed about NY brunches - they do not have fresh juices. Coming from California with our farms so close by and sunny weather mostly, I never realized what a privilege that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment